“Timely and professional”
- Small site? Premium quality aerial imagery required?
- Is superb value essential?
- Don’t want to spend out on a full aerial survey?
- Need images within days?
- Require repeat surveys on a regular basis?
Then opt for a survey using an
Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV)
Sample Data & Demo
Read about a UAV project
- New and innovative system for the collection of accurate, detailed and site specific geospatial data
- Collects detailed terrain and imagery data in a range of applications
- The UAV is small (80 cm wing span) light (500g) and very manoeuvrable and contains a 12 mega pixel digital camera on board GPS
- Very accurate and detailed 4cm imagery.
- From this system a 10cm vertical accuracy DEM is automatically generated.
- It is controlled by an operator on the ground that stays within visual line of sight the UAV which flies at a height of no more than 150m above the ground.
- Typically up to 1 sqkm can be surveyed within one flight before relocating to another control location or site.
- Takes approx 1 hour to survey a 1 sqkm area.
- The data is stored on an SD card within the camera, on board the UAV and can hold approximately 4 hours worth of flying.
- Once removed from the camera, the images are uploaded to a web server for processing and both the images and DTM are available for use within 4 days.
- Rapid data collection without the need for long stable weather conditions
- Flexibility to manoeuvre to areas at short notice
- Opportunities to image at all times of the year (e.g. winter surveys, low tides)
- Repeatability for future surveys, or in the case of data failure in a fixed wing aircraft
- Small area collection for areas up to 10 sqkm.
- Useful as a possible alternative to Fixed wing small areas
- Manoeuvrable, so you only pay for what you need mapped
- Immediate data delivery
- Suitable for corridor mapping or site , e.g. roads
- Reduced risk for data collection
- Programmable in flight offering flexibility during operating periods
Should you require any further information, please contact us.