LiDAR has revolutionised the acquisition of digital elevation data and has quickly become a de facto method of collecting height and surface information for a myriad of applications and analysis. There is no other method that can collect ground and surface height information as quickly, accurately and as cost-effectively.
These factors make LiDAR a highly viable option for all applications that require height, volume or 3D visualisation information.
- LiDAR data collection produces a geographic database with height and surface measurement information.
- Collected by a laser at intervals of between 1m and 2m on the ground, the vertical accuracy of each height point is +/- 15 cm.
- The LiDAR database is referenced to the National Grid system which means that it can be easily integrated with other geographic databases, UKMap and Ordnance Survey mapping.
- The data collected can be used to produce both Digital Terrain Models (ground surface only) and Digital Elevation Models (the ground and all features on it).
- LiDAR data is supplied in a number of formats and easily integrates with all major GIS and CAD systems.
- Extensive coverage of UK urban areas available.
- Flood modelling
- Planning control
- Property management
- Wind farm visualisation
- Urban regeneration projects
- CCTV location planning
- Microwave antenna modelling
- Airport planning
- Tree height meausrement
- Water supply modelling
- Emergency planning
- Buildings insurance risk assessment
- Utility pressure modelling
“We chose The GeoInformation Group to provide LiDAR data as they are a regular and trusted supplier of aerial photography data. We have been a client for a number of years and the Airport has developed an excellent working relationship with them.” Luton Airport Operations Ltd.